On the STA Access Management console, usage reports provide customer-usage data for invoicing, auditing, and business analysis. The reports display the number of registered users, users with tokens, and users with activity, for your account and each of your direct child accounts, for each STA plan during the chosen, completed calendar month. The displayed numbers are aggregates that include the contribution of the sub-account hierarchy that may exist under a given account.
The usage report tab is available to account manager operators only. Service provider tenants can view the usage data for their own account and all their direct child accounts.
The usage report includes the following information, as it was at the end of the month:
Account Name: The name of the tenant account.
Plan: The STA service plan (STA Basic, STA, or STA Premium).
Status: The state of the service: Active or Disabled, as set in the Services module.
Users Registered, Users with Token, or Users with Activity, selected from the report drop-down menu.
View the usage report
To view the usage report:
On the STA Access Management console, select the Home tab, and then select the Usage Report tab.
To filter the usage by month, select a completed month from the drop-down menu.
Select one of the following from the drop-down menu:
- Users with Activity
- Users with Token
- Registered Users
Export the usage report
Account managers can export the useage report to a CSV file. The scope of the exported report is constrained by the filters that are set when the report is exported:
- Only this account - Their own account only.
- Include direct child accounts - Their own account and their first-level child accounts.
- Entire account tree - Their own account and all accounts in its subtree.
For each of the tenants listed in the export and for the selected, completed calendar months, the export includes:
- The name and ID of the account
- The name and ID of the parent account
- The usage data for the account only:
- The STA plan type
- The number of users with either:
- activity, as it was on the last day of each selected calendar month
- tokens, as it was on the last day of each selected calendar month
- The aggregate usage data for the account and its entire sub-tree:
- The number of users registered for each STA plan, as it was on the last day of each selected calendar month
- The number of users with tokens for each STA plan, as it was on the last day of each selected calendar month
- The number of users with activity for each STA plan, as it was on the last day of each selected calendar month
- The status of the child accounts:
- Non existant - The child accounts that did not exist for a portion of the selected period
- Not anavailable - The child accounts for which data is not available for a portion of the selected period
To export the usage report:
Select the scope and date range of the report.
The Export Usage Report to CSV dialog box displays a default file name and a list of the data that is included in the report.
Use the API to retrieve usage reports
You can use the Usage Report for Service Provider API to retrieve the aggregate number of users with active tokens at the end of each calendar month for a tenant account and all their direct child accounts per STA plan. For more information, see monthlyUsageSummary in the Usage section of the documentation.