Client Supported Platforms
Luna Cloud HSM Services provisioned through the Thales Data Protection on Demand marketplace user interfaces refer to a service client. Luna Cloud HSM Services provisioned through external marketplaces user interfaces refer to a partition client. The documentation refers to these components as the client.
client connections to Luna Cloud HSM Services are supported on the following platforms or operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8 (64-bit) and other RHEL variants such as CentOS7/8 (64-bit).
- Microsoft Windows Servers with the following prerequisites:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3
- Universal C Runtime (CRT) Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 requires Universal C Runtime (CRT) to be installed. Older Windows versions may not have this installed. If not installed, you will get a "Setup Failed" error. If this occurs, you will need to install Universal C Runtime in Windows update, and its prerequisites.
client has been successfully tested with these Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows Server 2019 (standard and core)
- Windows Server 2016 (standard and core)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
For any client operating system, you must have network time protocol (NTP), or an equivalent automatic network synchronization of date and time, enabled to ensure client functionality.
Supported Cryptographic APIs
The following APIs are supported:
- PKCS#11 2.20
- JCA within Oracle Java 8,9
- JCA within OpenJDK 7, 8, 9
- Microsoft CAPI
- Microsoft CNG
PKCS#11 Deployment Cryptographic Limitations
The following limitations apply to clients in a PKCS#11 deployment:
- 100 token objects (or 50 RSA-2048 key pairs) per partition.
- 100 session objects (or 50 RSA-2048 key pairs) per application.
- 100 simultaneous sessions per application.
Clients which exceed the token object and session object limits can experience slow or failed request responses. The session limit is enforced and the client receives the error
CKR_MAX_SESSION_COUNT when the application reaches the limit.