Luna Cloud HSM Service Supported Client Platforms
Client connections to Luna Cloud HSM Services are supported on the following platforms or operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8 (64-bit) and other RHEL variants such as CentOS7/8 (64-bit).
- Microsoft Windows Servers with the following prerequisites:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3
- Universal C Runtime (CRT) Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 requires Universal C Runtime (CRT) to be installed. Older Windows versions may not have this installed. If not installed, you will get a "Setup Failed" error. If this occurs, you will need to install Universal C Runtime in Windows update, and its prerequisites.
Luna Cloud HSM Service has been successfully tested with these Microsoft Windows platforms:
- Windows Server 2019 (standard and core)
- Windows Server 2016 (standard and core)
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
For any client operating system, you must have network time protocol (NTP), or an equivalent automatic network synchronization of date and time, enabled to ensure client functionality.
We recommend downloading a new Luna Cloud HSM Service Client for your Luna Cloud HSM Service regularly to gain access to the latest bug fixes, firmware updates, cryptographic utilities, enhanced performance and improved service resilience. For more information, see Upgrading your Luna Cloud HSM Service.
Supported Cryptographic APIs
The following APIs are supported:
- PKCS#11 2.20
- JCA within Oracle Java 8,9
- JCA within OpenJDK 7, 8, 9
- Microsoft CAPI
- Microsoft CNG
PKCS#11 Deployment Cryptographic Limitations
The following limitations apply to clients in a PKCS#11 deployment:
- 100 token objects (or 50 RSA-2048 key pairs) per partition.
- 100 session objects (or 50 RSA-2048 key pairs) per application.
- 100 simultaneous sessions per application.